Thursday, December 24, 2009
God is Good
I thank God that I can look at my life and see Him working in me, even though the evidence is so small, and I get so discouraged when my old sinful lusts and desires still plague me and sometimes overcome me. But God is good.
I want to become like the woman described in 1 Peter 3: "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful.”
I read the following paragraph from Boundless Webzine:
"The Lord has given women the opportunity to be holy influencers. Unfortunately, many of us try to influence change through the barrage of our words (read:nagging, whining, manipulating) rather than through the purity and reverence in our attitudes that is built upon a gentle trust in God’s ability to change people."
Merry Christmas everyone! Praying that you all grow in grace in the coming year :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment