Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Irene? No way....


For people who know me well, let me reveal something shocking to you.... you ready?


Ok: I'm a procrastinator. I know, who woulda ever thought it of me eh?

I am like an ultra organized person, I have an agenda that I am always using to keep track of all my social activities (haha, what social activities??), school assignments, and hospital, work & volunteer shifts... I'm responsible and dependable, I always get my work done on time, I have a ridiculous memory (therefore earning me the nickname of 'elephant brain' - apparently elephants are good at remembering??) - let me give you an example - it's Sunday after church and we are standing around chatting:

Irene (to Jeanette): "don't you have to work tonight?"
Jeanette: "I do???"
Irene: "Yep I think so... I was looking at the schedule last week and noticed you on for tonight."
Jeanette: "Aaaah shoot gotta run!!"

And of course I was right... What kind of freak remembers other people's shifts weeks in advance?? Haha, that's Bubs for you...


Ok, back to the subject at hand. When I'm faced with homework I love to get all the little projects assignments finished right away so that I can cross them off the list and forget about them... but big things like essays and papers, that's another story. If I know I still have a week or two to work on an essay, no matter how much I sit down in front of my laptop prepared to work on it, I'll end up wasting time by stalking people on facebook or looking up Youtube videos. So here I am, frantically finishing up a 6 page assignment only to begin a 10 page essay that is due next Tuesday... with more to follow as I finish my last semester. But in 6 weeks this will all just be a bad dream Yay!

Ooops, I'm procrastinating again. Better get back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you and your little daily planner.. lol
"wait guys, let me check my agenda..."