Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dating Standards


A list of dating standards that I picked up from a secular book that I tweaked a bit and added to (I won't mention which one because I wouldn't recommend it, but it did have some valid, "duh I wish I knew that long ago" thoughts in it). So here goes ladies! ;)


- I will not go out with a man who hasn't asked me out first
- I will not go out with a man who keeps me waiting by the phone
- I will not date a man who isn't sure he wants to date me
- I will not date a man who makes me feel physically undesirable
- I will not date a man who drinks or does drugs to an extent that makes me feel uncomfortable
- I will not be with a man who is afraid to talk about our future
- I will not, under any circumstances, spend my precious time with a man who has already rejected me
- I will not become emotionally involved with a man who is married
- I will not be with a man who is not clearly a good, kind, loving person
- I will not go out with a man who does not have a similar mindset and values

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Cool list! It's a good one :)

Anneke Naves said...

I have one to add (from personal experience)

-I will not be with a man who makes me cry on a regular basis.

Hopefully you'll never experience this!

Irene said...

Oooo yes! Good one. Ya I've experienced that too!! But ya learn from it to pick the keepers and not the losers! :P

Curtis and Joanna said...

Hey Irene!
Just found your blog on Cherise's site! Check out mine, too at thecrickconnection.blogspot.com!!!

I really like your list! Of course there are so many more to be added, especially about Christian values, etc., but these are some fundamental core necessities!!! ;)

I like it very much! :)

Irene said...

Hey Jo! Good to hear from you :). I added your blog to my bloglist...