I went with Esther to St. Jacobs Market the other day and bought a little book of poems penned by a Mennonite woman... really nice! Here's one of them:
What Will Come Today?
Another day is breaking
Across the land and sea;
I wonder as I'm waking
Just what it holds for me...
What trials come to vex me,
What worries to annoy,
What problems to perplex me,
What unexpected joy.
What friendships new to cherish,
What duties to perform,
What treasured dreams will perish,
What sunshine or what storm.
What sorrows deep confound me,
What struggles too, with sin,
What pleasures may surround me,
What victories to win...
I have no way of knowing,
I cannot even guess,
What God will be bestowing
To try me or to bless.
But I have His Assurance,
He's with me everyday,
I'll walk with firm endurance:
He keeps me all the way.
~ Esther Horst
Another day is breaking
Across the land and sea;
I wonder as I'm waking
Just what it holds for me...
What trials come to vex me,
What worries to annoy,
What problems to perplex me,
What unexpected joy.
What friendships new to cherish,
What duties to perform,
What treasured dreams will perish,
What sunshine or what storm.
What sorrows deep confound me,
What struggles too, with sin,
What pleasures may surround me,
What victories to win...
I have no way of knowing,
I cannot even guess,
What God will be bestowing
To try me or to bless.
But I have His Assurance,
He's with me everyday,
I'll walk with firm endurance:
He keeps me all the way.
~ Esther Horst
No comments:
Post a Comment