I made a snow globe! It's quite a simple, quick craft that you can make for yourself or as a gift and with your kids. I got my desired look through some trial and error though, so learn from my mistakes and you can have your snow globe made in under 10 minutes! You'll need a figurine of some kind, a hot glue gun, glitter and baby oil (all supplies can be purchased at the dollar store).
 |
| I started out with this angel figurine |
 |
| I used a canning jar, but you can use any kind of glass jar with a secure lid |
 |
| I glued the angel to the lid |
 |
| For my first attempt, I used fine glitter |
 |
| I added water, but you can see how the glitter was sticking together and
floating in clumps at the top of the jar. Also, I was shaking the jar
so vigorously that the green paint started flaking off the angel and
floating around the jar. Grrr. What to do now? | | |
 |
| After taking the snow globe apart, I found that I could rub the green
paint off easily leaving a clear, glass angel. But when I put it
back together, you could hardly see the angel in the jar. So I
spray painted the angel white. |
 |
| Using baby oil instead of water makes the glitter fall more slowly and it resolved the problem of it clumping together. |
 |
I also used coarser glitter the second time around, but the fine glitter could have been used too.
|
|
|
|
 |
| Tada! And here is the finished product. |
1 comment:
cool beans! I would have never thought to make one! -Ange
Post a Comment