So the other week I saw this uber healthy recipe on Facebook and thought, well hey! Those cookies look delish! And they are healthy! Let's just say, too much healthy does not equal tasty. Yeah, yeah, I know the latest craze is to think that white sugar is devil food that will lead you down the path to obesity, diabetes and general ill health, but if a cookie ain't got some sugar in it, chances are it ain't tastin' too good. Here's the recipe, try it if you like :).
They were... palatable... but not tasty. Too banana-y in my opinion and couldn't even taste the peanut butter, Plus, the chocolate hardly even tasted good since it wasn't sweetened. Out of all my nieces and nephews on 99, only one enjoyed them ;). I promptly made these a few days later: deeeelish! But... I think I've gained 4 lbs... lol.


4 comments:
I'll take the second over the first any day! It's all about portion control and balance, in my humble opinion.
-Ange
I'm with you, Bubs! Sure, sugar ain't too healthy for you, but what's coffee without a sweet treat? Seriously, I look forward to my coffee with my treat every day and I think it's okay to indulge a little. I figure if you make it yourself, it's a ton healthier than buying cookies from the store made with who knows what!!!!
Ha Ha... I saw all those banana recipes floating around on FB. Bananas are meant for banana bread with sugar. Not the basis for an entire cookie.
I didn't even dare to try one, Bubs! Ha! But the second recipe...I think I'll invite myself over :)
Post a Comment