Saturday, March 20, 2010
MoDeStY... oH jOy!!
So ever since I hit my teenage years I've had drilled into my head the importance of dressing modestly (mostly by my mom), lest I lead the boys astray and into temptation... I've also read countless articles and heard a bunch of topics on the very subject. Now I'm not trying to minimize modesty - I know that dressing modestly (although still stylishly) glorifies God and helps the boys out, but it just seems that stuff always falls on us girls. We get smacked over the head with "guys are visual" blah blah blah but why don't they get drilled into their heads that "girls are emotional"?? It's not fair... We have to guard what we wear to help them out, but I think they should be told the importance of guarding what they SAY and DO to us gals... leading us on then dropping us like it was nothing. Ok so it's not a very good comparison, because a girl dressing provocatively and causing a guy to lust is a lil different than a guy charming a girl and causing her to get all attached and stuff... But I still think if we gotta guard what we wear to help the boys out, then they can guard what they say and do to help protect our hearts. Thank you very much that's my rant for the day.
Another things I've come to the conclusion about: unless you personally feel convicted about dressing modestly, it ain't gonna happen. You can read the most convicting article, hear a powerful speech bout it, and even feel convicted at the time... But if it doesn't become a personal thing you'll be able to justify wearing just bout anything cause you look good in it.
Last thing: I noticed I must have been pretty down for a while there - all my blogs posts have been rather negative. I'll try be more UP BEAT :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yup I totally agree with your modesty "rant". In all points!
Post a Comment