Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hello Again!


Dear Blog Readers,


Sigh. Forgive me for the great dearth in blog posts of late. You see, I've just been so BUSY! And stressed, and busy, and stressed and.... but I digress. First set of busyness was my very eventful week in Holland visiting Joanne (and Sandra and Marlies) and seeing all the wonderful attractions and sights. Since I've returned I've been running around taking care of all the annoying paperwork and appointments that need to be attended when starting a new job. And while this has all been taking place, the date of my RN exam is only coming closer and closer and dread is looming overhead, oppressing me really. I'm not kidding you, for the last few days I've been waking up early with a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. But I know I need to leave it in the hands of the Lord. And the latest excitement in the life of Irene L. Roth has come in the form of one very small kitten! Yesterday Dan discovered a litter of four in my old Honda in the garage (which I am trying to sell by the way - anyone interested??). To make a rather long story short, we moved them out, but mama cat only ended up moving 3 of them to a new location. This morning I found poor kitty mewing very very pitifully in the cool morning air, probably nearly starving (we guessed them to be around 4 weeks old). My maternal instincts hastily kicked in to high gear and I rescued the poor thing, bought a little kitty bottle and special formula and made a nice warm home for him in a basket. Unfortunately I was not able to keep it as Mother Dear is not fond of pets and I really don't have the time to take care of him!! So up went a status change on Facebook and within minutes a new home had been found for my wittle Sugar. Here are some pictures of him:

On his way to his new home :)

2 comments:

Jacinda Vandenberg said...

Awwww :) Sorry, we can't take one from you-it would have a very short life at our house. Charity does not know how to be gentle with animals (or anything) yet.

Irene said...

That's ok. I actually had to only find a home for the one since the mama cat took the other 3 :). And they are just stray cats so I'm sure I'll see them roaming about as they get older!