"As now so then. Don’t spend your [time now] talking about how you will follow Christ in the future. Follow Him now the way you want to follow Him then."
I came across the above quote in this article here and it really struck a chord with me. I find myself thinking like that ALL THE TIME! First I need to straighten out my life in this area, then I will be a more effective witness of Christ/be able to follow Him more closely. First I need to get through these next few busy days (weeks, months) and then I'll be able to sit down and focus all my energies on following Christ. But no, Christ wants me NOW - in the midst of my troubles, sinful backslidings and failures. I want to do it all myself - I want to fix my life up first so that I can present myself as a "more acceptable sacrifice" when I come before Christ... But that's what the grace of God is all about isn't it? That there is nothing right that I can do and yet God takes me back anyways. That in the midst of falling away from Him, He chooses to shower me with blessings. Praise the Lord for that!
1 comment:
Amen to that Bean!
Post a Comment