Saturday, April 28, 2012

Centipedes... Yuck!

I woke myself up with a loud shriek this afternoon. I was dreaming about a centipede. It was racing around the bathroom when it suddenly flew off the wall and landed on me. Hence the loud shriek. I'm not too proud to admit that I have a healthy fear of all things centipede.They give me the ultimate creeps, heebiejeebies, willy nillies... you know what I mean. Thankfully I haven't seen any yet in the house this spring! Anyone else share this phobia? 

*just looking at the pictures of centipedes on google images nearly made me gag!

4 comments:

Nicolette said...

i am sooooo with you! i hate em! Thankfully there are none in this house. i couldn't look at the picture you posted for too long....

Anonymous said...

si-i-i-ick! I've killed two in the girls' bedroom in the past month! SICK! I hate them and fear them, but chase them down instantly with my slipper, because WHERE WOULD THEY GO IF I DIDN'T?

Dor

Anonymous said...

Like I told you on facebook, I just saw one!!! Josh always thought I was over-exagerating how gross they were because he had never seen this kind! The usual centipedes around here are under logs and they're redish with much shorter legs and bodies. They are gross, but not NEAR as bad as these. The centipede he killed on Saturday was the first he had ever seen like that. UGH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

There were many centipedes in the rental house we were in last year (shudder). I researched them... They like damp and dark. So if you're basement is dark, if you have damp pipes, a little leak some where....
Lora