Monday, April 30, 2012

Dutch Psalms

There's something so comforting and gezellig about listening to Dutch Psalms. Even though I don't understand a word, there's nothing like popping in a cd on a chilly, rainy evening and curling up with a book in front of the crackling woodstove while the Dutch choirs drone in the background. Maybe they sound comforting to me because I associate the music with Mom - she's often listening to these tunes while cooking or baking in the kitchen, doing housework or sewing on her machine. Speaking of music, I've also started to enjoy listening to classical music more often. Vivaldi's Four Seasons can be a good mood picker-upper when the household chores are calling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget when Ma naps... On go the psalms. I love them too.... They feel like home. Esp. since they're the same as our # 400's psalters so you can think the English words.
Lora