Monday, May 7, 2012

Satisfying Housework

It's amazing how productive you can be if you set your mind to it! I had a full, busy day today. With mom and dad away for 2 weeks and now due back in a couple days I needed to start getting the house and yard in shape. It was a beautiful weekend and I mucked around in the garden for a bit, going to town on the weeds that had cropped up in our perennial rock garden. This morning after a long night shift I heaved the mower out the garage and started on the lawn - rain was in the forecast so it was now or never! Do you know how frustrating it is to mow an overgrown lawn that is slightly damp? Darn mower kept getting bogged down! But I slogged through it and managed to get the front yard done... Then it was time to hit my bed for 6 hours. Once awake I was back at it: 4 loads of laundry, vacuuming, watering plants, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms... you get the picture. But what a great feeling to be done! Now for an episode of Mcleod's Daughters before hitting the sack again... ;)

No comments: