As it is Nursing Week, I thought I'd blog about it and share some pictures. Since graduation in May 2010 I've had quite the journey!
Jeanette and I at our Graduation
I started off my career as a working woman ;) on the Burn Unit at the Hamilton General Hospital. Since I had my last placement as a student there and enjoyed it, it was great that I was hired on part time. I learned all things related to wound care and pain management here. We were also the only unit that uses leeches on patients occasionally! :)
Celebrating a co-workers birthday - party hat made from a urine measuring container!
Some colleagues and I at a Conference
While I really enjoyed my work on the Burn Unit it was frustrating not having a regular schedule or consistent hours. In answer to prayer, I got a full time job in October 2012 on 7 West, a NeuroSurgical Ward also at the Hamilton General. Here I've been learning all things related to head trauma, bleeds and brain tumours and the various surgical interventions that are implemented.
Ron - we were the lucky ones to work New Years Eve! We all brought food and had a regular party :)
Unbenownst to me this picture was taken with SOMEONE's Iphone. I'm ready to do some charting on one or our W.O.W.s (workstation on wheels). When the hospital first changed to electronic documentation these were called C.O.W.s (computer on wheels) but the name was changed... and we'll save that story for another time, haha.





No comments:
Post a Comment