I was happily cycling through town the other day, spending quality time with my bicycle (kind of like Steve and his cello - see YouTube video here),
when I stumbled upon a chestnut tree. Well, more like I crunched over it - shells and nuts were covering the sidewalk. Oh lucky day! What is it about chestnuts that is so awesome? Maybe it's the rough, prickly protective covering that when opened, reveals a treasure of one, two, or three shining, smooth-as-butter nuts, nestled in its inner soft, white flesh. Sort of a picture of myself - prickly on the outside with a heart of gold on the inside ;).
With cars zipping around me, I scurried about the ground like a squirrel gathering nuts for the long winter ahead.
Now, what are you going to do with all those nuts you may ask? Take a lookey here. In a matter of minutes: presto! Voila! Autumn decor, all for the cost of nada, zip, zilch, nothing.
And again, more fall decor:


2 comments:
You gonna roast any of them? We're expecting great things for Christmas... only if they taste good that is.
- Josh
Ahhhh....fall is here! Those chesnuts look so pretty! Good job with decorating!
-Ange
Post a Comment