Sunday, September 22, 2013

Remembering

Joel would have turned 29 years old yesterday. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to have an older brother close in age to me. Would we have been 'kindred spirits'?  Would I have turned to him for advice? Would we be best buds, sharing our hopes, dreams and fears? Is it even possible to miss someone you don't remember? But then in these times of contemplation and sadness I remember the 'Friend who sticks closer than a brother' and I take comfort in the fact that Joel is safe in the arms of Jesus and in the hope that I will meet him for the first time someday in Heaven!

2 comments:

Nicolette said...

Glad we visited his grave last time I was up... "Suffer little children to come unto me..." Love you, Bubs!

Anonymous said...

Irene,
You were only three months when he died. How I remember you as a baby then... I think you became more precious to us all because of our terrible loss. Thanks for remembering.
Love you sister!
Lora