----------------------------------------------------
Nurse Bean: “ Hello John! My name’s Irene and I’ll be your
nurse tonight. Can you tell me what’s your last name and where you are?”
John: “Smith. And as far as I can tell, we’re somewhere in
South America fighting off desperados who are hunting us down.."
-----------------------------------------------------
Nurse Bean: “So you used to be a mayor eh Phillis? Neato!
I’ve never met a mayor before.”
Phillis: “Yeah well now you can say you’ve wiped the
[behind] of a mayor! This can be your claim to fame.”
*At this point I and the other nurse helping me had to
stifle our giggles as we completed her care
-----------------------------------------------------
Young guy with head injury: “Ok guys. Come on. You gotta let
me go home. I gotta go to work. I can’t just sit around here all day doing
nothing. You don't know me. I need to work! What am I doing here? I’m not doing
anything! All I do is lay in bed all day.” At which point I direct him back to
his bed and he falls asleep for another 3 hours only to repeat the same
conversation again.
-----------------------------------------------------
Young guy #2 with head injury obsessed with fishing:
Nurse Bean: “Hi Joe how are you? Are you having any pain?
Can you tell me where you are?”
Joe: “Heeeey. Nah I’m good. I feel great. This is awesome.
We’re pulling in so many big ones. Man, I’ve been out here all afternoon
fishing with my buddy and it’s been awesome.”
*He lays back down in bed with a sigh and contented grin on
his face.
-----------------------------------------------------
Upon checking on a patient at 5am while his nurse is on
break, I discover that not only is his IV tubing ripped in half but the tubing
from the JP drain in his head is also ripped apart!
Nurse Bean: “Reed! What have you done? Oh dear, oh dear, oh
dear. You’ve been busy in here haven’t you?”
Reed: “Hello there lassie,” Reed replies in a chipper
English accent. “Well, I have gotten myself into quite a mess ‘aven’t I?”
*I can't help but grin as I get to work fixing him back up.
5 comments:
LOVE this nurse Bean! Just makes my day!!! :)
those were hilarious!
Super funny, Bean!
OK you need to start a real nurse blog.... you know and tell lots of stories and make observations and get lots of other nurses to follow it and make some serious moola.
Very Funny!
Lora
Irene, you should definitely be writing down these stories and someday compiling them into a book. These are hilarious, and your serious tales are worth reading too!
I.
Post a Comment