Thursday, December 26, 2013

Thursday's Things: Neuro Patient's Say the Funniest Things #2



Judy just came back from surgery a few hours earlier, she had a craniotomy  to remove a brain tumor. She’s starving but it’s night shift so the kitchen is closed.  Judy is also elderly and hard of hearing.


Judy:  “I’m so hungry! Do you have any food around here?”

Nurse Pickle:  “I’LL SEE WHAT I CAN FIND. DO YOU LIKE COOKIES?”


~ We usually have an abundance of cookies and goodies this time of year at the nurse’s station.  Nurse Pickle proceeds to feed Judy around 8 cookies throughout the night. ~ 


It’s 6:00 AM and Nurse Pickle is doing Judy’s bloodwork.


Judy: “Oh boy, my blood sugar is going to be high this morning!”

Nurse Pickle:  “WHAT?! YOU’RE DIABETIC? YOU NEVER TOLD ME!”

Judy: “It’s not on the chart?”

Nurse Pickle:  “NO!”

Judy: “Oops.  Oh well that’s ok. By the way, you look very nice for a girl.”

Nurse Pickle: “I’M NOT A GIRL! I’M A GUY!”

Judy: “Oh. Well, you have really nice hair.”


~ Haha! ~

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

LOl ok so I thought nurse pickle was you...so i was slightly confused. but i guess its someone you work with ;)

Anonymous said...

hilarious :)
Dor