Saturday, May 24, 2014

Garage Sale Rant

People in Ontario have got to step it up when it comes to Garage Sales. Where I came from in New Jersey, garage sales lasted all day for 3 days. Here, they are usually from 8-12 on Saturday/Sunday mornings. Whoop-de-doo. And besides that, half the time the signs they put out are so dinky or the writing on them so small you don't know where to turn to get to the durn thing! Also, if you are going to have a garage sale, price your stuff to go! If you're trying to make big bucks, holding a garage sale probably isn't your best option. Your overpriced junk is just going to be returned to your attic to collect more dust at the end of the day. That being said, Mom and I went garage saleing this morning and not only couldn't we find two of the advertised sales due to lousy signage, we weren't too impressed by a lot of the merchandise being offered and their pricing. Mom did manage to find a few deals though and all in all it was a good way to spend a beautiful Saturday morning :). However, we know what I'll be doing on a Saturday next time I'm in NJ!

Lousy Sign: Small writing and too many arrows!! Which way do I go??

Great sign: Large handwriting and a big arrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing beats garage sale-ing in our town in NJ. Or better yet, garbage picking the remains on Monday night when all the stuff gets put to the curb!