Thursday, November 27, 2014

And then there was snow

It's amazing how quickly we adapt to the changing seasons. When the cold first hit, the thought of a long winter stretching out ahead of me was dreadful. Especially now that I have a dog! You mean I gotta faithfully go OUT in this weather twice a day to walk darling pooch? Rain, shine, snow, sleet, hail... the mail must go through! Or in this case, the dog must be walked! But you get into routine - coat, scarf, hat, boots, gloves. Harness, dog coat, leash. And we're out the door. And then you reverse the process, wipe down doggies paws if they are wet, rinse them off if they are dirty, pull off clumps of snow if necessary. Who knew that the type of fur Maggie has would attract freshly fallen snow to stick to her legs in myriads of little (and some not so little!) snow balls!! But it's good for me, and it's good for her. Crisp, clear nights with the world brightened by the snow and warm yellow lights splashing from windows. And bone-chilling damp, fiercely windy nights when all I want to do is turn around but I plow on ahead, making the return to a warm, cozy home all the more treasured. I thought that some of the pictures taken while I was visiting in Michigan a couple weeks ago fit with this post, so enjoy! 


It was a glorious winter wonderland!
Too many balls of snow stuck to my fur!
 

Check out the size of this snowball that accumulated on her collar tags!
Time to relax after all that exercise! 
So spoiled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean, you sound like Jan Karon in your description! :) But I do find that the things I have to push myself to do are often the most rewarding....
-Ange

Anonymous said...

What great pics! Despite the fur snowball problem, that doggie was made for pics in the snow, especially with the red coat!