Thursday, November 27, 2014

"Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good"

Doesn't that title just invoke a warm, secure feeling inside of you? The latest installment of Jan Karon's Mitford series is a definite WIN, 10 out of 10, 5 stars, 3 cheers, fist-pumping kind of  yes - she's done it again! It follows the storytelling pattern of the nine other "Mitford" books and all 511 pages of it will leave you wanting more, wishing it didn't have to end. And now for some author trivia. Did you know that although Jan knew she wanted to be an author from a young age, it wasn't until the age of 50 that she pursued that dream? "After struggling - and failing - to get a novel underway, Jan awoke one night with a mental image of an Episcopal priest walking down a village street." And so began the life story of Father Tim... Jan is currently 77 years old, but I hope her writing years aren't over! I'd love for her to author another Mitford book to wrap up the series. If you haven't bought this book, go out to your local bookstore now and splurge! Or if you are willing to wait, order it on Amazon this weekend as they are having a Black Friday sale of 30% all books :). 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%!!!! I almost want to reread the book already!

-Ange