Friday, September 16, 2011

Ignoring is Ignorant! Buck up and git 'er done


On the one hand I hate confrontation, but then again, to be ignored is worst of all.


What do you think? If someone had a beef against you, would you rather they ignored you and the problem away, or would you rather that fireworks light the sky in one big blowout but then have all the cards out laid out in the open, with the issue done and dealt with? I suppose a third option could be a happy medium :P.

3 comments:

Lora said...

Neither sounds preferable. How about a reasonable discussion of said problem and then some compromise made. Hmmm.... very hard to do when noses are out of joint, emotions stirred up, grudges nurtured. But I will say the silent treatment is incredibly irritating and passive aggressive. It definitely stonewalls any resolution of the problem.

Anonymous said...

hmm ignoring the problem does sometimes make it disappear...but it takes a long time before things get back to normal generally. blowups can simply result in ignoring.. so they're generally a lose-lose situation.

talking through an issue is the best way.. but also the hardest because everyone involved needs to let go of their pride to get anywhere :P

Irene said...

I like blowups :D. Haha... I know, totally not effective. But sometimes it does help to let off a little steam... so true Esther about letting go of pride - that's the hardest thing to do while in the midst of an argument/issue! And Lora, ditto to ignoring being incredibly irritating and passive aggressive...