Monday, June 24, 2013

No More Projects Please! I'm finished!

My bed is painted, my bed is painted and I'm done with furniture make-overs! Hurray! In the midst of painting my bed I was thoroughly sick and tired, cranky and weepy and never wanted to be involved in another makeover project again! But now that I'm finished I'm so glad I persevered and am loving the look of my room. Seeing that I don't have my own house or apartment (yet), my room is basically the only space that is my own and that I can decorate as I like. So here are a couples pictures of my bed before and after, and some shots of my room as a whole. I just painted my bed a simple white (using the same Annie Sloane chalk paint), but it looks a ton better than the pinky wood finish if had previously!

BEFORE

Dad had to add wood to make the frame longer. I bought a mattress about 7 years ago but it was too long for the bed!!

AFTER


4 comments:

Lidia said...

It looks beautiful and fresh, Irene. You want to come decorate my house now? ;-)

Anonymous said...

nice job! Can't wait to see it in person. I can totally relate to the feeling of being exasperated in the middle of the project. But the end result is always worth the pain!
Ange

Irene said...

Ummm... I think I'm through with decorating right now Lidia! And I would be way too nervous to decorate for someone else ;). Thanks for the compliments though!

Jeanette said...

Super de duper nice!! I just read this now...I know. It's shameful...been busy, but love reading your blog and checking out what you've been up to! I love the bed...it looks super fresh!