Thursday, October 17, 2013

Great is Thy Faithfulness

Thanksgiving Day dawned crisp and clear, a cheerful greeting after the previous soggy day. Next to the gift of God's salvation, the gift of family probably tops my list of things to be thankful for. Without my large, extended family I would be awfully lonely I'm sure! I always have a sister or brother to pop over to and visit or plan an outing with, and visits to the U.S. are always uplifting for my spirit!
Although the whole family wasn't present for our Canadian Thanksgiving, we enjoyed a delicious feast together, a refreshing (albeit a little muddy) tramp through the woods followed by coffee and a variety of pies. Playing "Ticket to Ride" finished the day. Taking a hike on Thanksgiving Day afternoon has become a bit of a tradition for us so I'd thought I'd share some pictures for those of you who weren't there to enjoy!




 

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me miss you all the more!!!!! But it looks like you had a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll get to make some memories at Christmas with everyone. :)
-Ange

Anonymous said...

How nice... Wish I could have been there!