Over the course of three months, award-winning Spectator journalists Jon Wells and John Rennison were granted unprecedented access to the ICU at Hamilton General Hospital, one of the busiest trauma, neurological and cardiac critical care centres in Canada. Wells interviewed more than 40 members of the care team, recorded fly-on-the-wall observations of life and death inside the unit, and interviewed critical care patients and family members coping with the worst storm of their lives.The first segment of the seven-part series was in the Hamilton Spectator on October 5. If you would like another glimpse into the kind of work I do, please read it! I remember being a part of the great team on the Burn Unit for a year and a half, and the article also highlights some neuro patients - which is the population I deal with.While I don't quite work in the ICU, our new Level II Stepdown Unit on my ward will accept some very sick and critically ill patients - the only difference being that they will not be intubated and on a ventilator.
1 comment:
Fascinating, Irene!
-Dor
Post a Comment