Monday, April 5, 2010

I Hope You Dance


I was talking to one of my sisters recently and it's interesting how among all 6 of us we all have our own
strong opinions on the topic I brought up a while ago (better to have love and lost then never loved at all). I'm guessing some of you would consequently NOT agree with the sentiments expressed in the lyrics below??

I Hope You Dance - LeeAnn Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat, But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance! I hope you dance...

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances, But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out, Reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance! (Time is a wheel in constant motion always...)
I hope you dance... (...rolling us along)
I hope you dance! (Tell me who....)
I hope you dance... (wants to look back on their youth and wonder where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

3 comments:

our sweet life said...

hi irene! love the song!! and this one... http://ednieuwenhuisfamily.blogspot.com/2009/03/happy-11th-st-patricks-day-green.html (cut & paste).
sounds like you're doing well. now that i stumbled on your blog thru nic, i'll be stalking you ;)
lori nieuwenhuis

Irene said...

Well I've already been stalking your blog ;) so no problem! I love seeing what everyone is up to through blogs...

Doreen said...

Life is full of disappointments. I still would rather be an optimist than a realist, though, I think. Yeah, I tell myself not to set my expectations too high, which is wise, but sometimes you miss the fun of the excitement in planning :) My standard journal entries in grade 1 were about what I was going to do in the next few weeks (usually a birthday party), and ended with, "And Im ginna like it." :)

You can't sit out on the bench for fear of being disappointed, just jump in with both feet and look for happiness in the small daily things and -- as Lora put -- serendipitous moments!

That goes for daring to get married (you realize on hindsight that it should take more courage than it does!), daring to have kids, running a house, keeping up your dreams!

As for love ... like Jo said, being afraid of becoming emotionally attached may keep people from daring to love, but that's not the kind of thing that should keep you sitting on the sidelines! Real love is worth it! Then there are those who leave a string of relationships behind them, under the guise of not being afraid to love --- that's the other extreme, I would say.

Dor