Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Infected Pierced Ears


Since I am the product of a mother who thrives on handy tips, I thought I might begin posting one every now and then. Tip for today however did not come from my mom, it came from my most tried and true :) friend Jeanette.


Are you the type who can't wear anything but sterling silver or gold earrings without getting your ear infected? Well if you are plagued with these unwelcome and irritating infections I have a remedy to get that infection healed up in a jiffy: acetaminophen (tylenol) - applied topically, not ingested orally.

So just dig out one acetaminophen pill (if it is coated, wash the coating off first), crush it, add a tiny amount of water - just enough to make a thick, unctuous (remember that word Dor?? haha) paste - and apply it to the affected area as necessary several times a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwwwww....and may I ask which piercing is infected???? I could have told you..... :)

Irene said...

Please Ange it's not that gross at all. And it's my right earlobe that is infected. Ha