Jeanette and I were woefully disappointed the other day when we went to Lethbridge yesterday. She bought a sewing machine a little while ago and was all set to try her hand at sewing herself a nice flowy maxi-style skirt like the one pictured below.
However, upon arriving at Fabric Land, Jeanette was sorely disappointed. Not only was the sewing pattern $16, but the knit fabric was $20/meter (even though it was 40% off, it would total over $50 when all was said and done). "Don't worry Jeanette," says I, "long flowing skirts are in style! Let's hit the mall." So hit the mall we did but alas and alack, no long flowing skirt was to be found. I bought this skirt below just a few months ago at a mall and was sure I had seen more of them in stores all over. Where have the long flowing skirts gone to? And does anyone have tips or ideas on buying cheaper patterns and fabric?

4 comments:
Yes sorely disappointed is an understatement! So peeps, please post hints and tips re: finding patterns and material cheaper! lol
This won't help you sew one, but there are some good prices right now at J Jill on the sale page.
Girl Charlee is a great place to find knit fabrics! (http://www.girlcharlee.com/)
And a couple of tutorials (no need for a pattern!):
http://watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.ca/2012/07/maxi-skirt-tutorial.html
http://www.etsy.com/listing/113204571/the-maxi-tutorial-by-leanne-barlow?ref=shop_home_active
go online and order one on sale from zalando and get it sent to Marlies and pick it up when you go to the Netherlands...
Post a Comment