Monday, June 18, 2012

Musical Monday #3

"Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." James 1:27
 
"God settles the solitary in a home; he leads out the prisoners to prosperity." Psalm 68:6

What are we doing to follow this biblical mandate? Think of a life you could change by welcoming an orphaned child into your Christian home, into your haven of rest, security, love and comfort.

Fernando Ortega - If You Were Mine


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Love this song! Actually I read that Fernando wrote this song after the adoption he'd signed up for didn't go through; the mom decided to keep the baby after all (a good thing, but very painful for them!)

Irene said...

Yes I heard the same thing :). I was going to mention that but forgot. Thanks!

Carol said...

And you posted this song on the day my two foster kids left us...