Monday, January 14, 2013

Guidance for Life: Musical Monday #26



Charlotte Church is one of my favorite female singers. I get so annoyed with the nasal voices of many popular female vocalists so when Charlotte appeared on the scene about 10 years ago it was a breath of fresh air. This song was running through my head over the weekend so I'm glad I found a rendition of it with her singing.


Guide me, O thou great Redeemer,
pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but thou art mighty;
hold me with thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore;
feed me now and evermore.

Open now the crystal fountain,
whence the healing stream doth flow;
let the fire and cloudy pillar
lead me all my journey through.
Strong deliverer, strong deliverer,
be thou still my strength and shield;
be thou still my strength and shield.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
bid my anxious fears subside;
death of death and hell's destruction,
land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to thee;
I will ever give to thee.

*As an aside, Charlotte began her singing career young with classical pieces... unfortunately a few years after she became popular she turned to singing pop music - I wouldn't recommend listening to ANY of it

No comments: