Hives. Big, red/white, mosquito-bite like itchy raised areas covering my upper arms and ankles. I've never in my life experienced hives so I was caught unawares when rub-a-dub-dubbing in the tub one night after a long grueling day at work. I was just relaxing like normal when my ankles started itching like crazy, and then my upper arms. I looked down - yikes! I looked like I'd been attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes. I remembered years ago while eating dessert in Friendlys with some girl friends and my sister Ange randomly got hives - great timing eh? Then I remembered the horror story of my dear friend Jeanette when she got hives so bad that she resorted to an oatmeal bath, which turned out to NOT be a good idea. Well, I popped in some night time cold medication that contained Benadryl (an antihistamine) and thankfully that did the trick and also concurrently made me sleep like a baby :). Let's hope they don't return! I still have no idea what caused the hives - I didn't do anything different, didn't use any different soap or detergent. Strange!
3 comments:
Ugh, Bean! I've had it twice in my life and no idea why I got it either. Hope it stays away!!!
-Ange
I got it one night and woke up to scratching myself something fierce. I must admit I kind of freaked out when I woke up and saw my legs COVERED in bumps!
They say stress can cause it...but that's always a dubious factor...
Ugh oh Bean! Did it go away completely? haha I remember taking that oatmeal bath. The worst thing to de if you have hives apparently. lol...well hope it is gone for good!
Post a Comment