Adoption and the Single Mom
Last week I had a blog post about adoption. I hope I didn't come across as judgemental or with the attitude that everyone should feel obligated to adopt - I know everyone's situation is different. This week I have a question - if people respond, I'm sure I'll get a wide variety of answers! My question is this: what do you think of single women adopting children and raising them as a single mom? I won't give my own pros and cons right now but would love to hear from you!
4 comments:
Hi
We are currently trying to adopt our precious foster child. I am all for adoption, and even would say if the single woman adopting is a christian and is supported by family, church and friends, to raise a child in the fear and honour of the Lord, for sure, go ahead and adopt. There are So Many needy children, even right here from your own local CAS, who need a good christian home, more people should try to help "the least of these my little ones"
Thank you!
hmm.. I'm not sure what I think exactly. Of course it would be great for a kid to be given the opportunity to live a stable life in a Christian community, but I also think it's very important for there to be a father figure in their life.
Ideally, a child should have both a loving father and mother, but one is certainly better than none! Since the single adoptive mother is most likely not able to stay at home, I would think that a school-age child would be the appropriate choice. From what I understand, these are the "unadoptables" anyhow. I think that it is a lovely thing to do.
That's a good point Marcia! Of course having a father figure is important, but I believe if a single female has male figures who are active in her life (brothers, father, friends, they can fill in as the father figure.
Post a Comment