You know the opening line of that hymn that goes: 'what shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits to me?' That line was just running through my mind and it got me thinking. Way too often the things I render to the Lord consist of complaints, groanings, anxieties, worries, fretting... and the list could go on. Basically I'm not living out a life of faith, joy, hope, repentance and love. Faith that God is sovereign and holds my life and all its ups and downs in His hand, joy that my Redeemer lives and with my eyes I shall see Him one day, hope for a better day when all earthly sorrows will be over and tears wiped from my eyes, repentance from daily and darling sins, and forgiving love for my friends, kin and 'enemies'. Christ is the supreme example of undeserved love. I fall short each day but it's my prayer and desire that my life may reflect that! 'Love so amazing so divine demands my soul, my life, my all!'
No comments:
Post a Comment