Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Downtime Dos: Wednesday's Woe #16

Sometmes I have a lot of downtime. I generally try to keep busy, but sometimes on my stretch of days off I find myself with a couple days with nothing planned. So I came up with a quick list of (productive) ways to fill my time. I'm not going to be unrealistic, so I'm going to include internet activity, but will try to make my time spent in more worthwhile endeavors:

1. Check out interesting, worthwhile blogs
2. Read/watch the news!! We don't get a newspaper and I never know what's going on in the world!
3. Check email and Facebook but don't waste an inordinate amount of mind numbing time
4. Read a book! I enjoy well written novels, historical fiction, biographies of missionaries and interesting, easy-to-read Christian living books
4. Puzzle. I've gotten into doing puzzles lately and it's kind of a fun thing to do on cold, dark winter evenings
5. Craft - this is another activity that I seem to be more inspired to do when the weather forces you to be indoors. I bought a really cool book last spring that has a bunch of felt and fabric themed crafts that I want to try out
6. Play piano. My dear sister in law has been gracious enough to teach me and bear with me and slowly but surely I'm improving a little!
7. Practice Taekwondo and exercise. My friend who got me into taekwondo lent me his kicking bag a while back and I really need to be putting it to more use! I've been too lazy... plus some additional crunches wouldn't be a bad idea to deal with my little pet pot belly... lol.
8. Scrapbook - I have my South Africa pictures all printed out but haven't put them in a photo album yet... sigh. 

How do you choose to spend your spare time? Or don't you have any... haha.

No comments: