Friday, October 5, 2012

Timeless Treasures: Fun Friday #12

I love books. Last night I was thinking about that fact again as I surveyed my overflowing bookshelves. I did a quick perusal of my shelves and came up with ten timeless books or series of books that I could reread and not grow tired of. Please excuse the photo quality - I quickly snapped the pictures with my phone. I've organized them roughly by youngest reader to adult. How about you? Are there any books that you reread even though they are "children's" books?

Laura Ingalls Wilder Series:
  Follow the life story of Laura as her family become pioneers and move out west with nothing more than a covered wagon
 

The American Girls Series: 
Each 6 book series is about a 12 year old girl from a specific nationality and time period in history
 

 All of a Kind Family Series: 
These wonderful stories are about a Jewish family with five girls and the adventures they have growing up in New York City in around the 1920s

 The Great Brain:
These books will be greatly enjoyed by girls and boys alike. The hilarious and conniving exploits of "The Great Brain" will have you laughing and shaking your head in despair at the same time. 

Bruno and Boots: (or any book by Gordon Korman)
These books are equally funny and are a great light read for preteens [and adults ;)]

The Betsy-Tacy Series:
Three little girls growing up as neighbors in a small, quiet American town. The later books in the series focus on Betsy as she grows up and seeks adventure in the great world 
 

Little Women Series:
Five sisters growing up in Massachusetts during the Civil War and how they managed to have creatively fun times despite living in poverty.
 

Zion Chronicles Series:
Follow Elly as she travels to war torn Israel and join her in her adventures as a photographer 
 

Mitford Series:
Enjoy the happenings of a small town rector and his eclectic bunch of parishioners

 The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency:
Join Mma Ramotswe in Botswana as she opens up a Detective Agency and goes on a hunt for missing children, wayward husbands and more. The unique literary style of these books will have you captivated and wanting to read more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love them all! -Ange