Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Purse Polish: Tuesday's Tips #16

When I visited Ange last weekend somehow we got to talking about cleaning leather. My yellow leather purse that I got last spring was in dire need of a clean and polish - I had used special leather wipes but they didn't have too much effect. Ange told me that she has used shoe polish on her purses to spruce them up so off we went to Meijers and found some yellow shoe polish (a perfect match surprisingly enough!).
As you can see, my purse was quite dirty  - shortly after I got it I wore a new pair of jeans and the ink on the jeans rubbed off onto my purse. Shucks!



 We looked online and hairspray did the trick in rubbing most of the ink off! The only thing I couldn't get off was the actual pen marks. (Do you have a trick on how to remove pen marks from leather?)

So after a good clean with leather gel cleaner and hairspray, I polished it up with the yellow shoe polish. It didn't turn out perfect but I'm happy with the results.


So give it a try! Hairspray and shoe polish... :)

1 comment:

Marcia said...

You are truly your mother's daughter- that's a compliment, BTW.