After buying my packets of seeds and soil,
I bought an aluminum pan and tray from the dollar store.
I made holes in the bottom using a hammer and nail to allow the soil to drain.
Then I cut the toilet paper rolls in half,
and arranged them in the pan filled with soil.
Then it was time to plant and water the seeds! Mom had just bought some raisin buns that came in a clear plastic container and it fits perfectly over my tray of seedlings to create a greenhouse effect.
Have I inspired you to grow something from seed? It's not too late!
2 comments:
That looks great! What herbs did you pick? I can see some of the packets, but I'm unsure about a few. Do you plan to use them in cooking, teas, linens, or what? :) Enjoy!
Love,
Ange
Hey Ange! I picked Thyme, Basil, Lavender, Chives and Dill. I also planted some dwarf Sunflower plants for the patio and Alyssum (to make a border around the herb garden). We'll use the herbs when cooking and I might dry the lavender and make sachets!
Post a Comment