"Then He returned from the region of Tyre and went through Sidon to the Sea of Galilee, in the region of Decapolis. And they brought to Him a man who was deaf and had a speech impediment, and they begged Him to lay His hand on him. And taking him aside from the crowd privately, He put His fingers into His ears, and after spitting touched his tongue. And looking up to heaven, He sighed and said to Him, Ephphatha, that is "be opened." And his ears were opened and his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly." Mark 7: 31-35
Jesus healed this man. He made his deaf ears to hear and the chains on his tongue to be loosened. His speech that was once garbled was now made clear! Just like Roger Flournoy Jr.'s sometimes incomprehensible speech will sing out praises loud and clear to his Jesus when he reaches glory, and his twisted limbs will be straightened and made strong. What a day that will be! Please watch this short video clip and be moved. When watching it you might feel uncomfortable - when we are faced with something that this world deems "abnormal" "handicapped" or "deformed" it makes us want to look away and shut our ears doesn't it? But tonight as I watched his story again, I learned a huge life lesson from Roger Flournoy Jr.
Watch the video here: http://storyframes.org/living-with-cerebral-palsy/
"The hardest thing is loneliness. I am my own greatest enemy when I am left to my loneliness. But Jesus means everything to me. Without Jesus I know I would have committed suicide by now because life is not worth living without Jesus. Hard times come everyday. Most of the time I try to knock them down because the Gospel has changed my life in a great way I will never fully ultimately know. Worship is my life. God has created me to worship and Jesus paid the ultimate price and if I don't totally worship Him it's like I don't appreciate Him! God died for me and that is so powerful. One day I will be in eternity with God."
The Austin Stone Story Team is a community of artists who use creative
storytelling to glorify the name and purpose of Jesus Christ, encourage
the saints, and compel all people to gospel action. I haven't watched any of the other videos yet but am looking forward to checking them out when I have the time!
1 comment:
Wow Irene, isn't that sad and yet so beautiful? thanks for sharing!!!!
Post a Comment