This week I'm asking for tips from YOU, dear readers. I'm not experienced with growing things from seed so I'm looking for advice on how to eventually transplant my seeeldings outside with them dying. I know seedlings grown inside generally aren't as hardy (hearty?) as plants grown outside so do you have any tips? My sister suggested transplanting them into pots first and then leaving the pots outside during the day and bringing them back inside overnight for a while.
Here's the progress on my seeds!
2 comments:
A week or two before you're ready to transplant your seedling you want to begin to harden them off. At first you should protect them from strong sun, wind, cool temps, and rain. Put them out in a shady spot during the day and bring them in at night. Gradually increase their exposure to sunlight. After a week or two of hardening them off they should be ready to face the elements.
-Josh
Thanks for the advice josh!
Post a Comment