Romans 7:24. "O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?"
Psalm 38: 3-8. "There is no rest in my bones, by reason of my sin. For my wickednesses are gone over my head and are like a sore burden, too heavy for me to bear. I am brought into so great trouble and misery that I go mourning all the day long.
Can you imagine if these Bible verses ended here? When I see my sins rising up against me time and again, day after day, despite my good intentions to fight them off, I feel like the Apostle Paul and the Psalmist King David - Oh wretched man that I am! I am brought into great trouble of heart by reason of my sin.
BUT! But God. Romans 7:25: "Thanks
be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Psalm 38: 9, 15, 21-22. "Lord, You know all my desire : and my groaning is not hid from thee.
For in thee, O Lord, have I put my trust : You shall answer for me, O Lord my God. Forsake me not, O Lord my God : be not thou far from me. Haste thee to help me : O Lord God of my salvation."
Psalm 32:5 "I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and my iniquity have I not
hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and You
forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah."
And back to BUT again. But God.
Ephesians 2:2-9 "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ, (by grace you are saved;)
And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
What Amazing Grace!
2 comments:
Amen, sister!
What wonderful words... " but God"
Lora
Post a Comment